The pattern was free, you know I love free! I used fleece for this project and it worked well. There were a few parts where it got a bit bulky, so next time I think I'll try flannel. I also learned that I should embroider the face before I attach the head. Oh, and if you decide to use the pattern the part when it tells you to slit the stomach so you can sew the top, don't do that! Just leave one of the side seams open and hand sew it back together it will look better. I think that's all I would change. One of the legs looks like it's growing out of his bottom, so next time I'll position them more carefully, and the tail did not get caught all the way in the seam, thank goodness this is just for me, I think I'll call him Oops!
Sunday, July 11, 2010
I've been wanting to try my hand at making Teddy Bear's for a while now. I have tried a few different stuffed animals and they have not come out well. So when I came across this pattern on the Internet I was thrilled. It promised that it would be a quick, easy project, and by-golly it WAS!