HEADER LAYOUT BY ALMOST READY BLOGS ELEMENTS BY APRILISA DESIGNS

Friday, February 12, 2010

Fabulous Gadget Friday

I've decided to start a new feature on my blog, it's called Fabulous Gadget Friday. I tease my hubbs a lot because he LoVeS electronic gadgets, I mean we are talking big time here. Our room practically glows at night from all of the the lights of the things he has plugged in on his side of the room. However I am just as much a culprit when it comes to sewing gadgets. So, I'm going to highlight a new gadget every week and it will typically be something that I have used, which means it will have been tried and tested and proven to be something that EVERY die hard crafter/sewer/decorator will need.

This week I am starting small:
This little handy dandy helps string elastic through a casing. No more using a safety pin, that would come unpinned half way through and poke you. I really don't know how I lived without this gadget for so long. You can find them at your local fabric store on the notions wall, and they are very inexpensive, but will save you tons of time and sanity!!!

On a side note, I finally got a picture of myself up for my profile. It's hard to get a good picture of yourself when you are the one taking it so I apologize for the lack of photography skills. I tried to have my 7 year old take it but really this one is much better. I will continue to strive for a better one, but at least now you can put a face with a name.

Oh, and it's almost Valentine's Day!!! I love Valentine's Day, we are starting a new tradition this year of going out to breakfast (as a family) to celebrate the holiday. Since it's on Sunday this year we are headed out a day early and are hitting a new restaurant tomorrow morning. So, have a great weekend!!!

No comments: