HEADER LAYOUT BY ALMOST READY BLOGS ELEMENTS BY APRILISA DESIGNS

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Going Green...Literally


I have to admit that I don't typically think too much about our environment. I'm not a recycler, I don't compost, I don't ride my bike to the grocery store. However being thrifty most of the time, by nature makes you environmentally friendly. I do cook a lot from scratch (not a lot of packages in my trash), I do buy at thrift stores and garage sales, I do hand down clothes to my friends (and vise versa), I do cloth diaper, and I do make my own baby food. So it's not like I'm an "earth hater" or anything I just can't keep my brain focused long enough to separate my garbage. My adult ADD is for another post all together!!

I did however manage to make a cute earth friendly craft this week. I love those toys that have the crinkly stuff inside that babies love. I've often wondered what they made them out of. I'm sure there's cellophane or some other great material in the middle of them, but I improvised. Inside my crinkly tab blanket is an empty baby wipe container.

First I cut the wipe container at the seams and squared it up. It ended up being about 9"x10".


Then I pinned the ribbon to the Minky


Then I sandwiched a piece of flannel between the Minky and the wipe bag


and sewed the whole thing together. My 7 mo old really likes it, and I have to say it's oobercute.
Not a bad project and ZeRo dollars!

linkin' to




3 comments:

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Very green and super cute!!! I love anything with minky and I bet my little guy would love one of these as well. Thanks for the inpsiration!!!

Kate said...

That's really cute! I wish I could sew... oh well.

Thanks for linking my Flaunt it Friday party! Hope to see you back next week.

I'm your newest follower! :)

Syndy The Queen of Thrift said...

Thanks both of you!