HEADER LAYOUT BY ALMOST READY BLOGS ELEMENTS BY APRILISA DESIGNS

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I LoVe Kitchen Gadgets


I know I'm a freak of nature. I'm the woman who LOVES getting kitchen gadgets for gifts, Mother's Day, Christmas, my birthday, you name it. I like to think that my hubby is the luckiest guy on earth because I'm so easy to buy for. Last year for Mother's Day he got me a set of bamboo spoons that are dishwasher safe, I smile every time I use them. So I decided my gadgets needed a cute place to live. I used to have an adorable pitcher that I used for a utensil holder for a long time but eventually it broke. I've tried other holders but they are always too small, too big, or are made of glass and I'm really rough on them. My solution was to use something that I had an abundance of...#10 cans. Every time I grind wheat I have an empty #10 can (yes I grind my own wheat, I told you FREAK OF NATURE!) and they are the perfect utensil holder size! Of course I can't just use an ugly ol' can, can I?

NOPE!!!

This is much better. Just hot glued some burlap and ribbon on, and stenciled utensils on the side. Now that is what I call a CA-UTE utensil holder.

Total cost: $0 (it all came from my stash!)


Transformation Thursday





5 comments:

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

Just adorable. I'm in love with kitchen gadgets too. Any more info about grinding your own wheat? I'm very interested. - and I'm now following :)

Syndy The Queen of Thrift said...

Thanks for commenting, checked out your blog and I'm a follower now!

As far as grinding my own wheat I buy it in bulk and can it in #10 cans. When I use it I have an electric wheat grinder that I grind it in, then I mix an entire #10 can of wheat flour with one 5lb bag of white flour. I use it for everything and it is a great ratio of wheat to white for our family.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

what a cute and quick way to "pretty-up" a can!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

That turned out cute! I love free projects! :)

Tamarynn Leigh said...

I think I could even tackle that one and I love the end result!! Looks great! Thanks for linking up!!