HEADER LAYOUT BY ALMOST READY BLOGS ELEMENTS BY APRILISA DESIGNS

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I am The Barterista


I honestly don't know why more people don't use the barter system. Maybe they do and I'm just not seeing it in action. I love bartering with people for things we need or want (mostly what we want!). Lately there have been many opportunities to barter. In addition to searching for thrifty finds all over town, I also teach sewing lessons, and make custom purses. Those two things are my skills that I use for trading.

Somethings I have traded:

  • purses for aprons (check out my friend at Vivapron she's under construction but her aprons are adorable)
  • purses for beads
  • sewing lessons for tutoring
  • sewing lessons for baby sitting
  • baby sitting for baby sitting (my friend and I switch every Thursday so we each get a lunch date with our hubby's at least twice a month).
  • left over lumber from a shelving project for a train table for my son.
My most recent acquisition was the purses for beads, my friend Heather over at Dragonfly Lampworks has some CrAzY skills! Here's what she designed for me:


As you can tell I am not blessed with photography skills so bear with me! Seriously isn't that the cutest thing? AHHHH I love it. Thanks Heather for being willing to share you talent and barter with me.

So what can you barter? Try it, you will be surprised how much people are willing to share their talents and skills.

No comments: